Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Experimental Machinima


My first ever taste of machinima came from this project. Once the group thing didn't really work out, I decided to try my own thing to figure out all the ins and outs of making a machinima. I chose to base my short film off of the poem, "The Road Not Taken" writted by Robert Frost. I was playing around in Second Life one day, trying to find inspiration for my machinima, and I came across the place where I ended up shooting the machinima. Right as I arrived there, I instantly thought of the poem. My biggest problems in creating the film was working out the kinks with the video capture software. For being my first experience with machinima, I'm just glad that I was able to work my way through the whole process. I had fun with exprimenting with machinima, and I feel more confident in working in that medium than I did before.

No comments:

Post a Comment