Friday, September 17, 2010

Thrift Store Montage

Class of '53




(click to enlarge)

As soon as I saw the old class photograph, I knew it was the image I wanted to work with. I loved the idea of turning something that is looked to be so common into a wilder version of itself. As soon as I got the class picture, I tore through magazines trying to find the best pictures to go into my montage. I'd say the only thing I would've changed would be to pay more attention to the composition of the piece, because I think the randomness may take away from the image as a whole. Overall, I am proud of my end product, and I really enjoy each aspect of it.

1 comment:

  1. I feel the 'randomness' is what's so great about this piece. All very iconic images and very large against the small figures of the students. The idea to use color images against the black and white is quite nice as well, it seems to bring this 'captured moment' back to life. This reminds me of my childhood in a way where random ideas and images that were a bit larger than life at the time, stick with you even today from a somewhat chaotic situation that growing up is.

    ReplyDelete