Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Final Critique

I realized as the deadling was getting closer, that I had never actually given my work a title. So here is the installation iLight:

You can find this on the 2nd floor of Church Fine Arts, near the ProjectNV gallery.

iLight is a photo series installation consisting of 18 portraits. The portraits were created with a 10 second shutter speed, in which the subject used my iPhone to light up their face, then draw through the air with the iPhone. The end product created a sort of "light painting" in conjunction with the portraits. Of my 240 contacts in my phone, I successfully photographed 30, and narrowed that 30 down to 18 to print for the final project. Each person got to select his or her own light color, as well as draw whatever shape they liked. The only direction I gave was how long to hold the light on their own face, and when to start drawing with the light. In this way, each photo is a personal representation of the person being photographed. If there are any questions, please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment