Monday, April 2, 2012

Progress Critique #1 - Research

After developing my ideas fully about how I want to accomplish this project, I created a project calendar to keep me on track up until the final due date on 5/8. Here is the calendar:



For this stage in my project, I decided research of all the tools I will be using would be best. I completed some of the Lynda.com tutorials, including tutorials on Adobe Flash and After Effects. After researching both animation softwares I decided to go with After Effects. I've also experimented with Eyecon, trying to figure out how it works and how I will attempt to use it for my final product. I've also considered the sound that I will be using for the animation, and decided I want Eyecon to control the sound instead of the video. So instead of laying a soundtrack on the video file of each animation, I will upload sounds into Eyecon - clips of my favorite songs, sound effects of my life, clips of different people talking, readings of my favorite quotes, etc. These sounds will be randomly changing as a person moves across the space. In the calendar as well as my original idea, I said I would create 4 separate videos that will tie together and each video will change according to Eyecon. Now I will create one single fluid animation that will loop through all four canvases, and the sounds will be randomized.

No comments:

Post a Comment