Tuesday, February 12, 2013

3D Model - Apocalypse model & classmate

This week, I printed out my 3D model of humanity in 50 years. Here's how it turned out:






All the extra stuff on the model is supporting material that I haven't yet removed. The glasses on the model did not print up at all, so I will have to make those out of paper and plastic and attach them. I'm also not sure if the wings will last after I take off the supporting material below them, so I might completely take off the wings and reattach them once I clean them up a bit. Almost ready to paint!

This week, we also used 123D Catch to make a 3D model of a classmate. Here's a still of how mine turned out:


It pieced the pictures together really well, with a few minor flaws. When I uploaded it onto my desktop, however, I couldn't change it because it was a pure black object. I tried deleting and re-uploading but have yet to successfully accomplish that.

No comments:

Post a Comment