Sunday, February 5, 2012

Project 1 Proposal

My first project for Art 350 will be a photo series focused on "Light Painting". Light painting takes the concept of a still frame capturing motion, through the use of a very slow shutter speed. Here is an example of a light painting:

I want to do a series of photograph with a subject interacting with the light paintings. I haven't thought through a solid concept yet, which is something I will be working on in the next couple weeks, however I want to start shooting to see how to actually shoot in this medium, and find out what my limitations are. That being said, my first step in the progression of this work will be experimentation.

Here's a link to some other cool light photography: http://lighttheunderground.com/gallery.html

No comments:

Post a Comment