Thursday, February 9, 2012

Week 2 Progress

After the critique of week one's progress, I decided to take my project in the direction of portraiture. I was given the idea to tie in the cell phone I'm using as a light source into the overall projects by photographing my contact list as the subjects. My contact list is made up of friends and family, some of whom I talk to everyday and others I haven't spoken to in years. The first respondents to my project inquiry have acted as my guinea pigs in experimenting with this light portraiture. Here are some of the results of my first few subjects:

















I really like the results of this, and I'm going to continue with the theme of photographing the contacts in my phone, then illuminating them with my phone.

2 comments:

  1. These photographs look great! The addition of portraiture definitely adds to the prior, missing depth. I like the last photo and the way the light suggests the object of a fan. Interesting way to add information to the portrait while maintaining your simplistic use of elements.

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alli,
    Amazing progress! You have such a strong concept that now all you need to do is to follow through and make as many of these portraits as possible. Great work. I am really excited to see how this all comes to fruition.

    joseph

    ReplyDelete